Our Scout Group relies on volunteer leaders (scouters) to offer an engaging program to our youth. We have been severely impacted by COVID-19 and recent retirements and are currently in need of many committed volunteers such as:
- Two scouters for the Beaver Colony (5-7 year olds) which meets Tuesdays 6:30-7:30pm
- Two scouters for the Cub Pack (8-10 year olds) which meets Mondays 6-8pm
- Two scouters for the Scout Troop (11-14 year olds) which meets Wednesdays 6:30-8pm
- Two scouters for the Venturer Company (15-17 year olds) which meets Wednesdays 8-9:30pm
- People with administrative skills. Responsibilities include accounting, record keeping at monthly meetings, coordinating fundraising, etc.
- A social media coordinator to manage the group’s website and social media sites.
Meetings take place at Trinity Lutheran Church, 1907 King St East, Hamilton.
Scouter responsibilities will include planning programming, attending weekly meetings and occasional weekend activities and camps. However, you can be involved as little or as much as you wish. For example, you may only be able to commit to attending two meetings a month, may want to focus on helping the youth acquire a range of outdoor skills, or only help out at camps (e.g. as a camp cook).
Potential scouters will be interviewed, complete online training and submit a police record check with vulnerable sector search.
Please email Group Commissioner Oshan Fernando at 58hamiltonscouts AT gmail.com if you wish to learn more about volunteering with us.